Basement Waterproofing Northern Virginia
WE DON’T SELL SYSTEMS
WE CRAFT CUSTOM SOLUTIONS.
Water can do major damage to a structure. Make sure your home or commercial building is impervious to the ravages of water. An SR&R designer can properly evaluate the main cause(s) of water damage and design a solution that addresses each issue.
It seems everyone claims to be a drainage and basement waterproofing expert these days. Most are either amateurs or franchise companies with limitations, but that’s not us.
We have the experience and the expertise you need to fix any drainage, waterproofing, or foundation problem you have. We aren’t limited by lack of experience or lack of expertise. We aren’t limited by distributors, by networks, or by what we can or can’t do. We don’t have any limits!
We TRULY craft custom drainage, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space solutions throughout Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. And, we craft them using patented products and the latest in building science research.
SR&R is experienced in all aspects of basement waterproofing.
We proudly serve Northern Virginia and the Washington D.C. area.
Exterior Basement Waterproofing
Exterior evaluation and repair is essentially the first line of defense against water; it includes:
- Waterproofing the wall from the outside, and fixing the problem, so no more damage occurs. We clean the wall to create a clean surface that waterproofing coatings can adhere to. We pinpoint and seal the cracks/holes with hydraulic cement and other sealants. We then waterproof the entire walls with state of the art waterproofing coatings.
- Gutters and downspouts that collect and lead water away from the home structure can be problem points. This is why you need to clear gutters of dirt and debris.
- A waterproof membrane is the other important component of exterior waterproofing; this is installed all around the foundation of your home. It helps seal-out the moisture.
- An exterior drainage system comes next; we can install a French drain requiring us to excavate all along the foundation. We then fit drain tiles in the trench (which carry water away from the foundation), right around the house; these will be surrounded by gravel and covered with soil.
- Drainage swales are another solution. In Northern Virginia trickles can quickly turn into streams when it rains, and large areas of your property can erode in no time. Tree roots are exposed and mulch beds wash away with every rain. Low spots form in the yard and eventually erosion patterns spread. Drainage swales in strategic places stabilize the soil and eliminate washout of mulched area.
Interior Basement Waterproofing
This ensures that all water leaks in the basement are redirected to the outside and away from the house. The different components of this system are:
- Depending on what type of water intrusion is present, we have the ability to seal interior walls with new waterproofing technologies to keep water out. Sealants are applied that create crystalline bonds to the walls and don’t allow water in.
- Pipes and drains- these catch leaks and can be installed just under the foundation to collect any excess groundwater. All this water is channeled to a sump pit.
- Another option for waterproofing a basement or house is an interior sump pump. Although this is not a fix, it does keep water off the floors. It is a good option if exterior excavation is not possible, and is particularly effective if the water intrusion is substantial.
- Installation of vapor barriers: Sealing all the cracks and leaks that are allowing water into your basement